Klutz in the Kitchen Recipe
The holidays are over, but are you still craving some good old-fashioned comfort food? Well, here is a recipe to help you satisfy your hunger pains without packing on any post-holiday pounds. Plus, it is super simple to make and calls for those ingredients that you likely already have hidden in the back of your fridge or stored in your pantry shelves. After all, I suspect that there might be a klutzy kitchenista inside of you.
- One (5 lb.) bag of potatoes
- One medium yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Scrub potatoes, but don’t peel the skin off.
- Submerge potatoes in a pot filled with water.
- Dice onion and place it in the pot of with the potatoes.
- Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain the potatoes and onions well.
- Mince garlic cloves, and add it to the potatoes.
- Mix in yogurt, parmesan cheese, and butter.
- *For a creamier potato dish, pour in up to ½ cup of skim or 2% milk.
- Sprinkle with 2 pinches each of parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Mash potatoes until they reach a chunky consistency.
Serve with a smile, and enjoy! You have just made a healthier, tastier version of traditional mashed potatoes.