The origin of the word symposium dates back to Greek times. In literal translation symposium means “ to drink together” great minds such as Plato and Socrates gathered at symposiums to contemplate and discuss matters of the mind. It is in homage to the great minds of the past that PYNKlipstick has used the term symposium as the name of our online forum.
PYNKlipstick appreciates your comments, opinions, and participation with our online symposiums. The purpose of our online community is to encourage and promote healthy dialogue between women. Here are a few guidelines to follow to make sure PYNKlipstick’s symposiums stay relevant and honest
All members of PYNKlipstick’s Symposium should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Be respectful of all opinions expressed and to other members, even those you may disagree with. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
- Unacceptable postings, content, usernames, or subject lines will be deleted.
- Harassing and threatening behavior will not be tolerated. We do not allow for the promotion of racist, abusive, violent, hateful, vulgar behavior. Failure to comply may result in suspension of posting privileges.
- Vulgar and or obscene language is not allowed and will be deleted and may result in suspension of posting privileges.
- The suggestion, encouragement or participation of any illegal activities is cause for removal of symposium privileges. Such behavior may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Flooding and spamming on the site is not permitted.
- Articles and reports and or other copyrighted material may not be posted without the permission of the copyright owners.
- The solicitation of outside commercial advertisements is not allowed.
- The forum is a public discussion. Do not post any personal information that may identify you; which includes names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. Do not post any information about a third party without a person’s explicit consent.
- Please be mindful that some users may claim to be experts (legal, medical, etc.) a status that they do not, in fact, possess. Use discretion when following any person’s advice.
*** All posted content may be used by PYNKlipstick in any and all media, including (or not limited to) websites, magazines, and books.
*** PYNKlipstick reserves the right to delete any posting at any time for any reason ***